Data Manager [Snowdrop]
We’re looking for a Data Manager to join the Snowdrop team at Massive Entertainment. The Snowdrop engine was created in-house at Massive Entertainment, in response to a specific need: to do things better, not bigger. As a game-agnostic engine, it was developed to become a future-proof piece of technology.
In this role you will work with different kinds of developers, both at the local studio and on projects across the world, supporting them and making sure we all adhere to guiding principles and best practices.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Provide Perforce end-user support alongside back-end administration of Perforce instances including branch management and integration support for Massive’s projects
- Create game packages and builds and enable users on the projects to do so themselves
- Optimize the developer workflow by identifying user requirements and discussing them with the Tools team
- Advise collaborators on management of source data, build artifacts, and everything in between
- Identify and manage risk and uncertainty within the build pipeline infrastructure
- Monitor build systems for failures and errors and flag these to the development team and QC as appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation to guide collaborating game teams on best practices with branching strategies, build pipeline, monitoring etc.
- Safekeeping and organizing data
You as a person
Being service minded comes naturally to you. Flexibility and your proactive problem-solving approach enable you to deal with our ever-changing environment, whilst collaborating with a lot of different partners through the organization. You find great joy in understanding how things work, and you take every chance you get to troubleshoot outside of your current area of expertise. You have an analytical mindset and are eager to solve problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- In a previous job you’ve probably worked as a Quality Assurance, Configuration Manager, System Administrator or a Technical Support function within a tech company.
- Professional experience working with Active Directory and common associated tools
- Knowledge and experience working with networking (VLANs, access control, troubleshooting)
- Knowledge and experience Virtualization and storage (Basic VM management in OpenStack and/or vSphere).
- Versioning systems like Perforce or Git
- Experience of user support and explaining technical problems/solutions to less technical people
It’s a plus to have worked with any of:
- Python/C# or a big interest of learning.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.