Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As our Cinematic Animator you will craft stunning and life like animations, you would be a part of a team of creative Animators working on James Cameron's world of Avatar. You will also collaborate with our skilled Narrative Realization Team to craft stunning and life like character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and storytelling sequences.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key frame and motion capture animation to breathe life into the world
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences
- When needed, you will take part in motion capture shoots
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
You as a person
You’re enthusiastic about playing and making games and keep yourself up to date with the latest releases and developments. You are encouraged by delivering high-quality and creative animations and enjoy to push the boundaries of what animation can accomplish. Your commitment to the player experience makes you a source for inspiration within your team and among other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a trusted team member and efficient communicator.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values with the following skills and experience:
- Professional animation experience in cinematics either from the game or movie industry.
- You’ve worked on bigger productions and are used to collaborate with designers and programmers
- Relevant and updated portfolio/demo-reel
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Professional experience working with Maya
It’s considered a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with motion capture
- Experience with facial animation
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.