Character Facial Rigger / Technical Animator
We’re looking for a Character Facial Rigger / Technical Animator to join one of our exciting projects at Massive Entertainment in Malmö. This is an opportunity if you want to be part of a friendly and passionate team focused.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Create/maintain facial pipeline
- Oversee facial quality across modelers, riggers and animators
- Establish production workflows and validation processes between departments
- Establish and manage memory and performance budgets
- Establish and enforce good practices for modellers and riggers
- You’ll be part of supporting and mentor less experienced riggers
You as a person
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our game through next level tools. Workflows and pipelines is your daily bread and butter. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge.
- Understands facial pipeline from modelling to rigging to animation
- Expert knowledge on FACS
- Shipped at least two AAA games
- Understands DCC tooling needs for a facial pipeline
- Understands shaders in a facial pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of the DCC packages
- Insight into animation workflows
- Relevant portfolio is required
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.