We are looking for C programmers to develop, extend, and support the various areas of our in-house developed engine; Snowdrop. You will have the chance to work on core engine technologies such as artist pipelines, build environments, version control systems, documentation, and automation. This is the perfect opportunity, if you are keen to join the gaming industry and love working with technology at scale. You will have the rare chance of working with team at Massive as well as game projects all around the world and to help them make the best games using Snowdrop.
In this position, you will be developing new features and improve existing ones with a focus on creating reusable solutions and sharing between multiple projects. As a Snowdrop programmer, you will be part of a friendly team developing and maintaining a variety of systems and tools. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working in C on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Developing Snowdrop as a shared and complex ecosystem for video games creation
- Developing and maintaining a wide range of tech and tools shared through Snowdrop
- Supporting multiple teams around the world with knowledge and practical help
- Working towards improving documentation and samples
You as a person
You have a passion for games and an eye for long-term tech development. You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. This is a perfect position if you see yourself as creative, result oriented and cooperative. You have great problem solving skills and an ability to predict task duration and understand dependencies. This make you strong on debugging for example. To succeed in this position you are a strong communicator and easily get your point across. Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 2 years of professional C programming experience
- Good understanding of pipelines in your area of expertise from beginning to end
- Knowledge/ experience with software development focused on user experience
- It's a plus if you have experience working as a programmer in the video games industry
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what's possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here , to gain greater insight into life at Massive.