Build Engineer [Snowdrop]
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As a Build Engineer at Massive, your main responsibility is to create and adapt tooling for continuous integration across many game projects. You will be a key figure in enabling game productions all over the world to both leverage existing technology and share their own developments as effortlessly as possible. As part of the sharing team, you will create and maintain large game build pipelines (orchestrations) for past, present, and future AAA game projects for Ubisoft.
We are looking for you who don´t like doing the same thing over and over again, you much rather will have the machines working for you! You can encourage innovation from concept through to deployment and you appreciate adopting and leveraging new technologies.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Staying up to date with best practices and industry standards and make sure we apply them in our build and deployment processes and in the implementation of our infrastructure
- Evaluating and integrating new technologies to improve our environment and processes
- Liaising with and assisting other teams on a regular basis regarding shared issues and questions
- Being motivated and providing support for other team members during critical stages of development
- Optimizing the developer workflow by making your DevOps and infrastructure expertise available to team members and others
- Being aware of and planning in accordance with real world constraints
What you’ll get
- A fun, creative, and passionate workplace.
Here you will get to work in a constantly evolving environment with a range of new technologies and it will be your responsibility to provide requirements and use-cases to developers working with Continuous Integration. To ensure that best practices are clearly defined and documented you will collaborate with the Snowdrop Documentation team.
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
What you’ll bring
To succeed in this position, we see that you have a firm general technical understanding to feel right at home working with systems that see constant change and improvements. We believe you are observant, understanding, and capable of communicating possibilities and threats clearly whilst bringing development forward. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional Python experience
- Version control systems and CI/CD pipelines (Perforce or gitlab)
- Service deployments using tools like Docker, Ansible and Salt
- Monitoring and alerting using ELK, Grafana, Prometheus or others
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.