(Closed) Sr. Product Analyst / Product Analyst
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are seeking a full stack Product Analyst that can leverage data to help us grow and improve the Core platform for our Creators and Players. As an early member of the analytics team, your work will be critical to the success of the company. We are looking for an analyst who is keenly aware of and motivated by driving business impact. You will work cross-functionally with the Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering teams on exciting analytics and data science projects, while helping to build our modern data infrastructure from the ground up.
- Support and inform business and product strategy by defining key KPIs and metrics
- Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and translate them into product and marketing insights
- Write clear product instrumentation specs and work closely with engineers on implementation to enable proper measurement of user activity within the product.
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain dashboards that monitor performance KPIs for acquisition, retention, and monetization of users
- Partner with product managers to perform insights analysis on the impact of product features on our Creators, Players, and the Core ecosystem
- Help prioritize product and content development decisions through analysis of user data and segmentation models
- Design and evaluate A/B experiments to measure the success of product feature launches and to optimize the various funnels in the platform
- Research, design, implement, and validate models and algorithms that will enable Core to pair the right game to the right player at the right time
- Be a vocal advocate of data quality and analytical rigor across the organization.
- Help build an analytics and data science culture that adopts the best practices and tools of software developers
- Fluent in SQL; able to write structured, well-documented, and efficient queries on large data sets.
- Proficiency with Python, R, or other scripting languages.
- Expert at building visualizations and dashboards that are clear and easy to use.
- Great communicator who can break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Passionate about data. You are an intellectually curious self-starter that gets excited about digging into the data to unearth insights that drive business results.
- Detail-oriented in your code, analyses, and documentation - it’s clear that you have a high bar in the quality of your work output.
- Solid understanding of data warehouses and ETL tools.
- Experienced with statistical modeling and know how to pick the appropriate technique for a specific problem.
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude that can own initiatives from end-to-end in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other relevant quantitative discipline, PHD preferred.
- Passionate about gaming
- Experience building data models and visualizations in Looker.
- Experience working in the command line and Git workflows.
- Familiarity with ETL workflow tools such as Airflow.
- Familiarity with UGC and content platforms
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.