(Closed) Software Engineer (All Levels)
Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We are looking for Software Engineers at all levels to help revolutionize the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences. To do the best work possible, we prefer engineers be based at HQ; however, remote work can be considered on a case by case basis.
- Designing, developing and implementing major game systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing game concepts and player abilities.
- Developing tools and processes used by the team to create the game.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- Optimizing CPU, GPU and memory use.
- Creating tools and pipelines that support high performance use of user generated content.
- Assisting in developing profiling tools and budgets for both the internal art team and end users.
- A minimum of 3 years programming.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- C++ or C# programming experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- 3 years experience in game development.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience with PC and console targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Knowledge of back-end services (aws etc.)
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior position.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Lunch Provided Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Please include a link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) with your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Manticore. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.