Senior Web Engineer
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a Senior Web Engineer to help develop a diverse set of initiatives from end to end. Working on everything from game discovery, monetization and social experiences to internal web-based tools to support our core platform. You will be working with a group of very passionate engineers, designers, and artists to build the next generation game platform.
- Design, review, and code the implementation of Manticore’s web framework for consumer-facing websites and internal applications.
- Performance improvement and security hardening of web applications and infrastructure
- Provide input for production/live release control process
- Orchestrate a full life cycle from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Review requirements and estimate the level of effort for new incoming work
- Potential to lead a small team of highly skilled engineers
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a web development role
- Previous experience working with node.js, React, and REST API creation
- Experience architecting and leading innovative, complex web projects
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Experience architecting and leading innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
- Multiple projects demonstrating a clear understanding of an end-to-end application design
- Leadership experience
- Application dev experience
- Experience with cloud technologies
Job Site: San Mateo, CA
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.