Senior Developer Marketing Manager (Game Creators)
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
High-quality, engaged creators are the primary value driver for Core’s ecosystem. Therefore, bringing in new creators and supporting existing creators to enable the production of quality content is the key metric for success in this role.
As the Senior Developer Marketing Manager, your focus is to drive developer awareness and platform adoption. You are responsible for the development and execution of global, end-to-end developer marketing programs that inspire game creators to adopt Core and create amazing experiences.
You use your mastery of developer insights to develop product marketing strategies, bring together cross-functional stakeholders to execute on your plans, and align senior product leadership around those plans. You understand market trends, the competitive landscape, and have experience applying those to positively influence developer sentiment and adoption of features. You report to the Director of Creator Marketing.
- Drive awareness, interest and acquisition with experienced and talented game developers and modders, prioritizing the right channels to reach them
- Develop, manage and execute go-to-market strategies for developer / game creator acquisition which includes crafting product positioning, messaging vehicle and measurement requirements, and driving cross-team agreement on launch strategy
- Focus on top tier developers, modders and UGC creators who are looking for build businesses and revenue streams in Core
- Generate leads and drive partnerships with game developer organizations for collaboration opportunities like game jams and developer events
- Generate leads for top Core developer marketing initiatives (Core Invitational, Incubator, co-dev deals)
- Create reporting to measure the impact of various programs on our organic and paid acquisition effectiveness
- 5+ years of experience in the field of developer marketing / platform evangelism / developer relations
- Proven experience in managing and growing relationships with developers, and evangelizing technical platforms
- A strong background and knowledge in gaming with a strong presence on social media and in key creator forums
- Demonstrated success in building developer communities
- Passionate about gaming
- A strategic thinker and results oriented
- Top-notch social and communication skills, and a highly proactive personality
- Comfortable in communicating to technical audiences
- Experience in UGC platforms like Roblox, Fortnite Creative, Minecraft Steam Workshop, RPGMaker and other
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.