Developer Relations Manager
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We’re looking for a passionate game builder to join the Developer Relations team as an evangelist for Core. As a member of the team, you will drive efforts to attract, educate, and inspire creators on the platform. This includes directly engaging with game creators, coding sample projects, and writing how-to guides. You’ll be a key partner to Community, Product, Marketing, and Support, contributing to every part of the company as a vital representative of our creators. Ideally you’re a modder, developer, or active Core creator that loves to hack together interesting projects. You love to share your tricks with others, and feel energized when helping creators accomplish amazing things.
- Execute programs to identify, attract, and retain highly technical creators on Core
- Keep up with the best new games on Core coming out daily, as well as projects in the works by the community
- Explain and document complex technical solutions in a clear and concise manner, and encouraging and overseeing other community members to do the same
- Directly troubleshoot with creators to solve complex technical issues, then adapt those solutions for wider audiences
- Create engaging training content, tutorials, and starter kits that helps beginner, intermediate, and advanced users
- Advocate for creators within Manticore, representing them with empathy, thoughtfulness, and clear reporting
- Maintain positive relationships with Core’s creators, in particular our top-level partners
- Facilitate creators developing games for Developer Relations and Marketing programs, such as player tournaments, celebrity guests, and influencer partners
- 3+ years experience in developer relations, platform evangelism, or community management
- Comfortable skills with Lua or a similar scripting language
- Proven technical acumen and the ability to write clear, clean code
- Very strong writing skills, both technical and non - you can update API documentation as well as you can draft a persuasive email
- Proven experience growing developer, creator or modder communities
- Familiarity with game engines, platforms and modding tools such as Unity, Unreal, Minecraft, Fortnite Creative, and Roblox
- Strong presence on social media and in key creator forums
- Preexisting relationships with game creators
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/education
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.