Principal, Cloud Engineer
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer for Site Reliability team. In this role, you will focus on leveraging Cloud Platform infrastructure, services and processes at its best to help increase infrastructure & system efficiencies, productivity, scalability and system quality improvements at 10X scale.
This role will be responsible for diving deep into technical problems, understanding current customer pain points, system domain, current platform limitations and then work closely with engineering teams, software leaders to design and architect new system, services leveraging cloud infrastructure that can scale 10X better, is reliable, and is highly available. The includes providing system architecture artifacts, accountability on cloud infrastructure choices that can perform and scale at 10X level but are still efficient, guidance on using right machine type, network designs.
You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit.
- Serve as a technical architect on Cloud infrastructure layer.
- 100% accountable for quality of system architecture and design of system / Platform.
- Solves complex technical problems in our multi-cloud environment plus improves Operations Excellence
- Strong ability to deep dive to understand current systems Cloud architecture to provide strategic partnership and improvements on network usage, role management, CDN, domains etc.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools
- Identify opportunities to make disruptive improvements in cloud infrastructure usage, operations and services with high degree of systematic automation.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.99% uptime), enterprise architecture best practices
- Strong technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data to provide appropriate network, infrastructure recommendations
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12+ years of system engineering or site reliability experience
- 5+ years of experience leading system design, architecture leveraging AWS/GCP services
- 5+ years of demonstrable building and operating infrastructure as code. Comfortable with Terraform, Argo CD, Kubernetes in multi-cloud
- 5+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines