Marketing Artist - Mobile Games
At MAG we have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. We trust everyone in the company with the freedom to decide what team they want to work with and how they can most effectively contribute.
In turn, each team owns its respective game and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to work on the projects that they love within a positive environment.
In order to drive innovation within the company, we have monthly hackathons during which everyone in the company comes together to learn new things, work on side projects, develop game concepts, and/or build prototypes for new games. We believe that happy people with the freedom to flex their creativity to make great entertainment, and this is how we nicknamed ourselves The Good Times Factory. Making great games should be fun, and we encourage that!
The Role - Marketing Artist
We are looking for a driven, creative and innovative Marketing Artist. You have a passion for games and the ability to turn ideas into full fledged ads. You will work closely with our game teams and our user acquisition team in order to create video ads and marketing graphics for Facebook, the App Stores, Google, and other video networks.
You are self-driven and able to continue working on your own ideas even when there are no requests, and flexible enough to switch between different projects with ease depending on priority. You are a fast learner, especially able to take feedback and turn it into changes on the fly. You are willing to keep an eye out for the rest of the industry, learn from other companies and current trends, and bring these learnings to MAG.
- Creating fresh concepts for ads and App Store pages
- Stay updated on channels, games and tools for mobile casual games advertising
- Working and switching between projects quickly, prioritising different requests based on product needs and urgency
- Working well in a team, considering some of your teammates might not be based in the same city as you
- Finding the selling points of a product and marketing it according to the target audience preferences
- Pursuing new ideas/formats, even if it means outsourcing them, and communicating with third parties to make your ideas come to life quickly
- Staying focused throughout the process of localizing a successful ad you created into many different languages
- Cooperate closely with the user acquisition team on sourcing and testing of new concepts
- Graphics and motion design with experience in Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on After Effects
- Experienced in taking an idea from start to finish
- Great flair for colour and typography
- Familiar with marketing knowledge and target audience insights
- Eager to learn and grow your knowledge within performance marketing
- Critical thinking, always improving on methods and finding out how to make your workflow more efficient
Nice to have
- Spoken French/German/Italian/Spanish
- 3D skills
- Video production experience
- Copywriting experience
- Previous game industry experience
We are MAG Interactive – a mobile gaming company built on a wealth of creativity and passion. We thrive on creating quality experiences that make our players want to come back for more.
And Players agree! Our games have been downloaded more than 250 million times, and we are proud to say that Ruzzle is one of the most played mobile word games ever made.
We are all part of a creative, positive and trusting environment where everyone has a sense of ownership over their activities and pride in their work. This open and collaborative working culture at MAG is key to our ability to continuously create top notch games.
Every game released from MAG Interactive has reached a multi-million player base and reached the #1 position in its category in a large number of countries. Wordbrain was selected Best of Google Play 2015 and Ruzzle and Ruzzle Adventure were both selected Best Of App Store by Apple and have reached the #1 word game spot in over 100 countries!