Head Coach - Valorant RED (CLG)
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise. MSG Sports also operates two professional sports team performance centers – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY and the CLG Performance Center in Los Angeles, CA. More information is available at www.msgsports.com.
Counter Logic Gaming (CLG), founded in 2010, is one of the first League of Legends esports teams in the world, with the vision of jumpstarting the competitive community and bringing esports to the mainstream. CLG became the hub for the League of Legends competitive discussion and spearheaded a grassroots tournament scene. CLG continues to impact the development of the esports landscape. We partnered with the MSG in 2017, to amplify our ability to disrupt the esports landscape, create great fan experiences, and continue to win championships.
We are looking for a Head Coach of the Valorant Red team, an all-female team of CLG. Responsibilities include oversight of the team, leadership and management of players, and critical decision-making. This position focuses on maximizing player performance through the development of strategy, creating / maintaining an efficient training structure, and providing individually focused coaching.
KEY DECISION MAKING:
- Game Day Starting Line Up
- Talent Scouting
- Roster Changes
- In Game Strategy
- Daily Team Schedule
- Team Cultural Standards
- Enforcing Disciplinary Actions on to Players
- Performance Enhancing Resources for the Team
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Manage a 5 to 6 player roster to compete against other professional Valorant teams in the US and globally. Note, competition is expected in both all-female and coed tournaments.
- Set boundaries and standards for team whenever possible to increase competitive atmosphere.
- Facilitate the development of new strategy and tactics for the team through use of gameplay analysis and group-based problem solving. This includes fostering a positive and collaborative team environment where players can engage in constructive conflict, using effective communication skills.
- Schedule training activities on a group and individual basis that maximize the rate of the team’s improvement and help reach the team’s goals. This includes creating systems and routines, while continually maintaining their efficient execution (e.g. creating daily and weekly practice schedule outlines).
- Assist players in developing their individual skills that overall affect the team’s performance, both in-game and out of game. This includes but in not limited to player mechanical skill, game knowledge, communication/cooperative skill, and mental gameplay.
- Aid in game day preparation and execution by helping to scout opponents, helping the team to adapt gameplay during the matches, and helping the team being mentally prepared to play at their peak.
- Assist players in developing competitive mindset through pre-game routines, discussions, and atmosphere.
- At least one year experience of professional Valorant or CS:GO experience as a coach or player• Experience analyzing professional game film to scout and create in game strategies.
- Demonstrates successful leadership skills to manage personnel as evidenced by previous experiences.
- Experience developing systems for teams that yield positive competition results.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google Applications.
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in English, both orally and written.
- Oversees this team, approximately 5-6 people