Data Analyst - Barcelona
Madbox is a mobile gaming company, creating and publishing its own games worldwide. After two years of existence, Madbox has gathered more than 100 million players, still growing. We are looking for top talents with mad skills, a mad passion and a mad ambition to join us.
Madbox is looking for a passionate, experienced Data Analyst willing to build new top models of data analytics to enable the company to keep improving its games. Based in Barcelona, you will have the opportunity to work with the Head of Data, the Product Manager and the game teams to keep delivering high-end Analytics solutions and business insights to the company. We live in a flat-structured creative environment where ownership and accountability are our two mantras. We look for high-energy individuals ready to bring Madbox to a global stage.
What will you do ?
- Working closely with the head of data, senior product manager and the lead data analyst to develop and own our data pipelines, infrastructure & road map.
- Daily conversations with the production team to define the key metrics of success to be tracked in every game and the different A/B testings that should be performed.
- Proactive analysis of the performance of our games: explain their performance and provide insights about how to improve the games.
- Manage and improve data pipelines on Cloud infrastructure.
- Resolution of data coherence issue and setup of Data QA checks to make sure that the data we have is always reliable.
- Data crunching and dashboards building, both on demand and at your own initiative.
- You will get the opportunity to analyse at the same time the analytics of our games, our players and our financial KPIs.
Mad Skills & Experience Required
- B.Sc. in Engineering. (Nice to have: MSc.)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Knowledge and experience in Database management systems language: SQL.
- Knowledge and experience in data pipeline scripting in Python.
- Knowledge and experience in cloud platforms GCP/AWS and their BI services (Preferable knowledge in GCP Dataflow).
- Nice to have: knowledge about the KPIs used in the video game and advertising industries.
- >> You will be required to take a technical test.
This is you!
- Autonomy and ability to take decisions and make projects move forward while keeping transparency and continuous updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Have an analytical mindset.
- Strong logic & business sense.
- Excellent communication skills: straight to the point, focused on constructive feedback, positive mindset.
- Being able to provide a relevant recommendation based on reliable data and communicate it to the rest of the team.
- An interest in video games or tech in general.
- Fluent communication with the rest of the team.
- Showing leadership in proposing innovative actions to perform to improve globally speaking.
- Being very sharp on the relevant metric to look at when trying to provide a response to a question with no ambiguity.
The Madbox mindset
- True passion for making beautiful games.
- Ability to question ourselves and self-reflect on our achievements and successes/failures.
- High level of intensity and everything we do to reach our ambitions.
- Mixing both candor and care in order to constantly share constructive feedback.
What we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Private medical cover
- Lunch vouchers
- Weekly team events (once we're all back in the office)
Madbox is a fast-growing mobile game company based in Paris and Barcelona, creating and publishing its own games. The story of Madbox started when two video game studios fell in love with each other during the summer 2018.
A few months after the beginning of this promance, Madbox first in-house titles hit the top charts of the App Store and Google Play Store worldwide, ranking in #1 positions in more than 100 countries. After just two years of existence, Madbox has gathered more than 100 million players, still growing fast. To fuel this creative and operations growth, Madbox develops cutting-edge automation systems internally to shorten production times and drive accurately its performance at large scale.
Madbox will collect your personal data for the purposes of managing our recruitment related activities. That is why, Madbox may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to recruiting & people teams in Paris & Barcelona. By applying, you expressly give your consent.