Reporting to the Director of Marketing and based out of MAD Lions’ Head Office in Madrid, this person is responsible for creating the content focused around gameplay, as well as editing other videos for our MAD Lions franchises (LoL, CS:GO and LoL Academy). Together with creating and strategic vision of the overall Content Team, this creator will use their creative skills to drive the narrative around our team coverage, in the fast-paced, ever changing industry of esports.
We’re looking for:
- A Self-Starter – The successful candidate will work closely with our Content Team, but will also be expected to work autonomously to manage their own projects and time appropriately to meet the fast-paced demands of the business.
- A Team Player – Someone who is ready to hit the ground running with a talented and experienced team of marketing professionals, who can absorb and apply constructive criticism.
- A Gamer - LoL and CS:GO knowledge are considered assets for this role, as it will provide a certain edge when creating content for the fan base of those particular games.
- Ideating videos focused around gameplay to test on our main channels: Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok
- Scripting of those videos to ensure a flawless execution by those participating in them
- Editing and publishing of those videos
- Supporting in editing videos with live-event, lifestyle, and found/archival footage for release on social media and other platforms done by our videographer
- Occasionally supporting our videographer in recording of camera-in-hand videos
- Ensuring video standards and consistency are met for all video content that is developed either internally or externally
- Managing branded deliverables, while ensuring the finished product is provided on schedule
- Corresponding directly with the videographer to fulfill practical, everyday production needs, while remaining on schedule
- Collaborating with the larger Marketing department to ensure their social media video content needs are being met
- Collaborating with the Partnerships Department, to ensure that sponsor requirements are being met
- Collaborating with Graphic Design for the creation and execution of motion graphics
- Ensuring video standards and consistency are met for all video content that is developed, both internally and externally
- Managing branded deliverables and ensuring the assets are completed on schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
- 2+ years of proven experience working full-time for other esports teams or content creators
Skills and Abilities
- Madrid-based or willingness to move
- Fluent in Spanish and working proficiency in English
- Comfortable with some travel which may include some evening/weekend events
- Track record of being creative, with an appetite for pushing industry boundaries
- An ego-free creator that works well on a high-performing, industry leading team
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities
- A hands-on problem solver and critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Motivated by highly collaborative, fast-paced environments, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of motion picture programs such as Adobe After Effects
- Knowledgeable about Social Media platforms
- Knowledgeable about digital marketing and current content trends
- Knowledge of esports, specific to League of Legends and CS:GO considered a major asset
Bonus (not required) Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of cinematography
- Working knowledge of cameras, lenses and audio equipment
- Ability to properly light and record audio on location and in studio
- Experience in managing and interviewing talent
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Meals served when working from the office.
- Private health insurance.