MachineGames is looking for a Sound Designer to join our team!
You will work with the Audio Director and the rest of the project team to support the creation and integration of game audio. You will be responsible for all game audio aspects from early design phase to final mix, while adhering to team values and best practices.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Create high quality audio assets.
- Work with Audio Director to ensure your output achieves the desired aesthetic, whilst adhering to any technical constraints imposed.
- Work with audio and dev teams to achieve the projects global goals.
- Record, edit and archive original source material tailored for the game.
- Design and implement dynamic audio assets/systems.
- Edit, process and implement VO.
- Find, report and fix audio bugs.
- 3+ years’ experience / at least one AAA game as Sound Designer.
- Driven and self motivated.
- A passion for sound design and games.
- Demonstrable skill and knowledge in recording and manipulating audio.
- Experience using DAWs such as Reaper.
- Experience using popular middleware such as Wwise.
- Experience contributing to development of proprietary tech.
- Familiarity of scripting audio in 3d map editors is a plus.
- All applications must include a relevant portfolio.
- Degree in related audio field preferred (film/game sound design, music, audio engineering, etc.)