Senior VFX Artist
ZeniMax understands the importance of privacy. Please review the “Applicant Privacy Notice” section below, which explains how we process the personal information we collect about you when you apply for a job or submit information to us through this job portal. BY APPLYING FOR THIS JOB, SHARING THIS JOB OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS JOB PORTAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE , WHICH IS SET FORTH IN THE “APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE” SECTION BELOW.
MachineGames is seeking a talented Visual Effects Artist to join our team. As an Effect Artist you will work closely with our Art Director to ensure aesthetics quality is kept at the highest-level throughout all the art assets produced and throughout the product.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Collaborate with Art Director on the visual style of all effects in the game, through verbal and written communication, concepts or reference images/videos.
- Identify need for effects in collaboration with environment artists and gameplay designers in the different production units.
- Create optimized visual effects for real time rendering within a PBR environment.
- Create weather, atmospheric and special environment effects such as under water effects in collaboration with Environment Artists.
- Create effects required for gameplay like impact decals, explosions, muzzle flashes and other related weapon effects in collaboration with Gameplay Designers and Programmers.
- Create certain light and camera/lens effects.
- Collaborate with programmers within the Advanced Gameplay & Effects team to further develop pipelines and tools
- 4+ years of professional or related experience.
- At least one shipped title.
- Experience creating realistic simulations using Houdini, Maya or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Keen artistic eye and exceptional attention to detail.
- Good understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes.
- Very strong work ethic, able to take direction and collaborate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for making great games