(Closed) Senior Tools Programmer
MachineGames is looking for a talented Senior Tools Programmer to join our team.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting services or tools
- Experience with containerization and the software ecosystems that surround their use
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of persistence solutions at local and cloud scale
- Experience with monitoring, reporting, and logging tools at local and cloud scale
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To collaborate with programmers, designers, artists and animators in the day-to-day development of our new projects
- To implement and improve our automated CI/CD pipelines
- Build, support, and lead operation of our internal services infrastructure
- To write clean, professional and maintainable code
- To construct solutions for unforeseen problems in a timely manner
- Actively work to improve the tools related user experience for people within the studio without requiring explicit direction
- Experience with game development
- Programming experience in C++
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with Unit Testing tools and CI / CD
- Linux administration experience on multiple distributions
- Experience with multiple cloud frameworks and the software ecosystems that surrounds their use