MachineGames is looking for an experienced Level Designer to join our team and work on a variety of levels for an unannounced project.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- 3+ years of professional level design experience
- Strong understanding of level design principles and theory
- Experience with creating levels for first-person shooters
- Experience with multiplayer level design
- Experience with professional level design tools
- Experience with visual scripting is a plus
- Experience with professional 3D modelling software is a plus
- Positive, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude
- A desire to grow, learn, and improve as a designer
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Design, build, and script levels using the level editor
- Collaborate with other level designers and the game director to bring the game’s vision to reality
- Collaborate with the game designers to ensure mechanics and systems are properly utilized in levels
- Collaborate with the environment artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other
- Collaborate with the narrative team to create an interesting and grounded world
- Create documentation and prototypes for any specific level systems and gameplay
- Perform extensive level playtesting, reviews, and iteration
- Manage and prioritize bug lists
- Carry out all other related tasks