MachineGames is looking for a new talented Animator to join our team and help us create new exciting AAA titles! Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an open door policy - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
In this position you will be working in a tight-knit department under the supervision of our Leads and Animation Director and collaborate on cross-functional teams on a daily basis. This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Create high quality and realistic animations. Both keyframed and motion edited.
- Edit data for cinematics and events and make sure it fits with the rest of the assets in any given scene.
- Together with members of the team (production unit or strike team) work out animation needs and requirements for assigned game content, i.e. a level or cinematic in the game.
- Communicate need to any out-of-team or external collaborators.
- Shipped or contributed to at least 1 game title as an Animator
- 2-3+ years of experience in the games industry
- Solid skills when it comes to applying the principles of animation: Anticipation, staging, posing, overlapping action, timing, exaggeration, appeal etc.
- Experienced MotionBuilder user.
- Solid knowledge of the game development process and industry.
- Strong understanding of game animation and implementation.
*Sample Work Required*
- Demo reel should include examples of previous animation work.