Machinegames is looking for a talented 3D Artist with a focus on weapons. Primary responsibility would be to work closely with the gun-team to create weapons but also other 3D Assets when needed. An ideal candidate would have passions for guns, hard-surface assets, and experience with Next-Gen asset creation.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- Create models and texture from concept to final model in engine
- Take in and iterate on feedback given by Leads, Art Director or other stakeholders
- Optimize models for game to run smooth
- Support level design and environment artists with props to realize the levels
- Work alongside your senior colleagues, Leads and Art Director to support the vision of our games
- Experience in weapon modelling/texturing
- Good knowledge of at least one major modeling package (MODO, Maya, MAX, Blender or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of a sculpture program (Z-brush, 3D coat or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter
- Solid understanding of PBR
- Good understanding of and how to operate within given technical constraints
- Experience from at least one shipped AAA game productions
- Solid team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated and focused worker with good communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for how weapons work
- Experience with Marvelous designer