(Closed) Sr. Manager, Community Management
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As the Sr Manager of our Community Management team you will own our community vision, strategy, and execution. You will be responsible for leading the development and execution of community engagement programs, creating compelling content for our community, and will be the voice of our players to game teams. You’ll lead Community Management for our Machine Zone products and partner with AppLovin’s rapidly growing portfolio. The Sr Manager of Community will be a seasoned leader who has a proven record of building successful game communities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and innovate our community management strategy designed to improve player engagement and retention
- Lead and develop a team of Community Managers and Blog Writers to be an elite mobile gaming community management organization
- Build and manage a process to author and develop high-quality social content that fits within the Community Strategy, including but not limited to social copy, blogs, announcements, GIFs, memes, short videos, podcasts or live streams
- Establish guidelines for best practices around community activities, educate internal teams about competitive community initiatives, and evangelize the role of community throughout the organization
- Lead the development of cross-functional, community tools and services intended to engage and help players
- Provide meaningful feedback and reporting to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns and suggestions.
- As the primary business owner of our Blog program lead the strategy, development, and expansion of the program.
- Identify, evaluate, and report performance KPIs with a strong understanding of which measurements align with business goals
Your background and who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, journalism, public relations, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in building and executing community strategies.
- Record of success in building gaming communities.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter attitude.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, communication, and organizational skills
- Master of social analytics, listening, and publishing tools
- You use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to drive decisions
- You have a growth mindset and have experience developing growth mindset teams
- Experience developing mobile game communities with Live Operations or Games as a Service
- Experience partnering with multiple studios or development teams simultaneously
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.