Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Machine Zone Game Studio is seeking a skilled engineer to support an ecosystem of workflows and tools critical to producing high-quality language versions of our products. Sitting at the nexus of our Design, Engineering, and Localization teams, this role will enhance existing tools and architect new pipelines for efficiency, extensibility and scaling.
What you’ll be doing
- Propose and lead pipeline architecture implementation for the Localization and Design team needs of stable, frequent and fast game builds in multiple environments.
- Represent Localization needs in design workflows as part of the Design Tools team.
- Develop text management strategies that enable the Localization team to spend minimal budget and resources, maximize translation throughput, facilitate testing, and gain more insight into production processes
- Understand and action the evolving needs of Design and Live Ops teams.
- Enable the Localization team to adapt to new content needs, vendors and 3rd-party tools.
- Execute an overall strategy that relies on smart decisions about improving vs. replacing aging systems.
- Anticipate and communicate needs to non-technical stakeholders for facilitating partner studio game localization.
Your background and who you are
- 5+ years of professional work experience.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Motivation and pride to technically shepherd the output of teams who must reach a global audience in a competitive marketplace.
- Interested in both backend and frontend development.
- Experience programming for localization tools.
- Experience programming for software internationalization (i18n).
- Experience with web UI development.
- Localization CAT tool general understanding.
- Experience living abroad or cross-cultural immersion.
- AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.