Engineering Manager, Game Features
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and 2020, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
MZ is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Game Engineering team. You will collaboratively drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. You will work with our game design, engine, and art teams to collaborate on the overall planning, execution, and success of our projects. This is a first line manager role with responsibility for managing 4-6 Engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Collaborate with product owners to match engineers to areas of responsibility
- Assist in prioritization and resource allocation
- Maintain high morale and keep engineers engaged and motivated
- Manage performance and growth of technical staff
- Propose and develop technical solutions to address key product needs
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to problem-solve, establish development roadmaps, and drive product success
- Effectively evaluate, hire, and retain top talent
Your background and who you are:
- Bachelor's degree, BS in CS or EE preferred
- 8+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- 2+ years relevant experience managing fast-paced, dynamic engineering teams
- Strong technical background in client/server development
- Experience creating a culture of technical excellence by leading code and design reviews, promoting mentorship, and identifying and promoting educational opportunities for engineers
- Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with short release cycles
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.