2D Game Artist (Multiple Locations)
This role is available in the following locations: Las Vegas, NV / Denver, CO / Austin, TX / Toronto, ON / Portland, OR
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War, Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire. We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are seeking a 2D Artist who has a proven track record in creating compelling game art and illustrations for console and mobile games. You will work closely with the Art Director, Art lead and other artists, developing high quality art assets. You'll have the opportunity to have your work seen by millions of global players. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
We offer a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
What you'll be doing:
- Sketch, iterate and create 2D game art (buildings, props, characters, icons and banners). This includes painting and photo manipulating resources to emulate art assets set in a specific art style
- Compose, illustrate, and polish themed environment compositions with characters.
- Gather references, mock up icons and illustrated banner compositions for outsource workbooks with a quick turnaround time
- Provide paintovers/line drawing feedback for outsource vendors, with direction from your Art Lead & Art Director
- Work with other art leads to provide assets that support the design and narrative of the game (background paintings, storyboards, and reference callouts).
Your background and who you are:
- Minimum 3-5 years as a 2D Game Artist on PC, console or mobile platforms.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a wide range of character, environment and object design.
- Excellent illustration skills with strong understanding of fundamentals.
- Expert in well composed illustrations and photobashing.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited direction.
- Experience working in a professional, collaborative and creative environment.
- Experience in isometric game development is recommended
- Proficient 3D modeling in Z-brush, Maya, Blender
- Multiple project experience in console / mobile games
- Bachelor’s degree in Art
- Knowledge or experience with Perforce or JIRA
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.