Strategy & Talent Acquisition Manager
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as “Canada’s best game maker” by Apple, and "Best Place to Work 2018" by gamesindustry.biz!
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for the management and direction of talent acquisition strategies and tactics for the studio. In collaboration with stakeholders, he/she will proactively participate in internal employee mobility and workforce planning. She/He will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the team, as well as all activities relating to the reception of new employees. She/He will be central to the planning of the organization’s recruitment promotion and visibility activities.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and tactics that allow Ludia to attract and retain the best talent, aligned with strategic objectives and HR initiatives;
- Work with management teams to proactively develop an annual workforce plan, based on the company's future talent needs;
- Develop and manage the budget and recruitment forecasts, and be responsible for the overall management of resources;
- Carry out a creative search and selection, until hiring, of candidates (managers, professionals and skilled trades) to be presented to internal management according to vacant positions;
- Develop and maintain pools of potential candidates for future needs;
- Establish performance and monitoring key indicators related to hiring and integration;
- Coordinate the integration process and activities for new employees;
- In collaboration with the International Mobility Advisor, ensure the management of international recruitment files;
- Supervise, evaluate and coach the people of the team under his supervision (Talent Acquisition Specialist and International Mobility Advisor);
- Promote succession management within Ludia, by supporting the interns recruitment process and the company's presence at universities and college job fairs, as well as other networking events;
- Develop and apply sophisticated analysis tools at the cutting edge of technology, in order to optimize and ensure the efficiency of recruitment;
- Participate in major industry events;
- Work closely with the communications manager to optimize and develop the brand image component in connection with recruitment;
- Promote a distinct and exceptional candidate experience to ensure that all candidates feel inspired, supported and informed;
- Use market intelligence and analyze metric data to inform research strategy.
Education / Experience / Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Relations or Human Resources and / or other diplomas, certificates related to the duties of the position;
- 7-10 years and more of experience in recruitment including a minimum of 3 years in a management role;
- Excellent knowledge of all components of the entire recruitment lifecycle including, networking, appraisal, job analysis, salaries and salary development, etc.
- Experience in international hiring
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office;
- Previous experience with ATS software.
Skills and abilities required.
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence others and complete projects;
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Customer service orientation with energy and passion;
- Strategic thinking skills, including the ability to understand the financial impact of proposed recommendations;
- Experience in translating business requirements/needs into concrete actions;
- Experience with the use of technological tools to optimize/analyze data related to recruitment;
- Experience in the video game industry, web development, software development or technologies in general is an asset;
- Availability to travel (Recruitment mission abroad);
- Excellent written and verbal communication in French and English.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- [email protected] Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.