Senior Game UI Motion Designer
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded as “Canada’s best game maker” by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Sr Game UI Motion Designer. The ideal candidate would perform the following tasks:
- Create enticing and high quality animation graphics 2D/3D in order to support the game UX;
- Produce game effects in 2D / 3D;
- Optimize asset integration in game engine (Unity);
- Create animated models with After Effect to validate Game Design, or produce presentation videos;
- Work closely with the Art team, Programmers and Designers to understand project scope, objectives and to resolve technical issues;
- Contribute to the standard of excellence required by our projects;
- Follow up on the work done to correct any potential bugs.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in game development and in a similar role is required;
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of AfterEffects, Photoshop CS;
- Good knowledge of a game engine required, Unity an asset;
- A proven knowledge of Shaders is required
- Excellent mastery of animation principles;
- The knowledge of 3Ds Max is an asset;
- Committed autonomous and responsible worker, demonstrating strong organisational and communication skills;
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism;
- Coaching and mentoring skills are highly desired;
- Knowledge of French is a very desirable asset.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- [email protected] Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.