QA Project Lead
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
Quality Assurance Project Leads are the managers of a team that is responsible for measuring the quality of video games in development. They are entrusted to evaluate any software systems being designed and integrated and to lead the team that handles the quality assurance testing efforts.
- Create an efficient testing plan for production milestones to ensure high-quality deliveries
- Create the infrastructure and processes to mobilize the testing team following a test roadmap
- Execute performance evaluations and develop a team of qa testers and qa analysts
- Measure and maintain the motivation of the qa team
- Create communication channels with members of the production team for test progress, reported defects, and overall game stability
- Perform risk assessment on reported defects, upcoming features to be implemented, and the deployment of the game on the app stores
- Participate in the overall improvements of the Quality Assurance community
- Participate in Production planning and strategy meetings and propose suggestions on attainable timelines
- Establish defect prevention measures and processes on a project.
What we're looking for:
- 6-8 years experience in software quality assurance, preferably video games
- Experience in Apple iOS and Google Play Android guidelines and certification
- Excellent communication skills; ability to network efficiently with internal and external peers
- Positive attitude and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to coach and evaluate others, and to create development programs and workshops
- Working knowledge of software development process and QA’s role in it,
- Good knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, applied to video game development
- Experienced with risk assessment and prioritization within the context of video games testing
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with data analysis in a quality control environment
- Diploma in software testing or other quality assurance certification
- College or University diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Diploma or certificate in Project Management
- Working knowledge of the Unity game editor, or similar engine program,
- Experience with version control software.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/7;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.