(Closed) QA Programmer Backend
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
As a QA programmer whose focus is Ludia's backend technology, your main mission is to increase the quality of the work pipeline and therefore the quality of the deliverables over the course of the whole development cycle. You must work mostly with developers and DevOps specialists but also collaborate with QA analysts, exercising initiative to identify issues, analyze both backend features and pipelines, propose and implement methods, and then design and implement tools to improve the pipeline. Understanding how the backend is used and the tools that interact with it are a must, the end goal being the implementation of methods and tools that minimize the potential for the introduction of defects when new or existing microservices are being deployed.
Under the leadership of the Backend leads, you will need to confirm the priorities of your tasks to ensure an alignment and be able to make flexible judgement calls based on unpredicted events.
- Design and write software and procedures to test the functionality and integrity of software versions,
- Test software code, including functional tests, RESTful APIs testing, load, destructive, stress and performance/scalability tests as well as regression tests,
- Measure the performance of RESTful API based applications, and SQL and noSQL databases, using automated test tools and provide improvement recommendations,
- Test databases for data integrity, backwards compatibility of schema changes, and validity of queries to be run in a production environment,
- Review component design and actively participate in product and feature design reviews, bringing on the table the "how can we test this?" question,
- Work closely with the development team to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed and own the lifecycle of a defect from beginning to end,
- Document and track software defects found during testing,
- Document QA tools, processes and standards,
- Assist in coaching interns or junior developers.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a QA-related development role,
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a backend development environment,
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Java,
- Experience with QA test pipelines and methodologies,
- Knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Understands both French and English,
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and to prioritize their work with partial guidance of their manager,
- Work well in cooperation with other members of a team,
- Ability to work independently on well-defined issues.
Nice to have:
- Experience with QA automation frameworks and tools such as SoapUI and Gatling,
- Experience with applications running in the cloud (GCP, AWS or Azure),
- Experience running tests on networked applications with multiple concurrent users,
- Experience building, running and evaluating stress tests,
- Experience with microservices architecture,
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, especially Gitlab and Jenkins,
- Experience in a DevOps team and knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, etc,
- Experience with the agile methodology and Jira,
- QA-related certification or experience.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.