Level Designer (Multiplayer Maps)
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our Level Design team here at Lucid games. We are looking for a creative, passionate and experienced designer to help us develop an exciting unannounced title for a world-leading platform holder. Your main responsibility will be to create exciting combat spaces for our players.
- Conceptualise, design and build combat focused gameplay experiences
- Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, objectives, and other gameplay-related entities
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design
- Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
- Work closely with the narrative and art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels
- Shipped a completed title as a Level designer
- Strong knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine or similar).
- Awareness of emerging trends and mechanics that inform modern multiplayer game design
- Ability to analyse mechanics and apply them to current game design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written skills
- AAA game experience
- Multiplayer map design experience
- Collaborate and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment
- Be creative
- Good understanding of motivation drivers, learning theories, and usability
- Good knowledge of quantitative data
- Good understanding of players' psychology
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us along with your CV to the email at the apply button.
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees