Combat Systems Designer
Lucid Games is looking for an experienced Combat gameplay designer to work closely with the Game Director to create and help implement world class combat gameplay as we develop an exciting unannounced title for a world-leading platform holder.
- Design features and systems that support the creative and game directions (e.g. Aiming systems, weapon behaviour, AI behaviours, boss fights and enemies, combat modes, player engagement, etc).
- Collaborate with designers, programmers, and artists to ensure consistency across the board and strive for the best collaborative results.
- Provides technical leadership by setting guidelines and benchmarks for the team, ensuring their technical workflow is efficient and reliable.
- Meet with your team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, provide feedback, set benchmarks, etc.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, adapting designs when and as often as needed.
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Shipped a completed title as a designer
- knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine or similar).
- Awareness of emerging trends and mechanics that inform modern multiplayer game design
- Ability to analyse mechanics and apply them to current game design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written skills
- 3 or more years experience working on first and third person action titles.
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us along with your CV to [email protected]
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees