Lead Creature Artist
Lost Boys Interactive is a growing game development studio based in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas providing top-tier co-development services for PUBG, Zenimax, and 2K Games, as well as creating our own game projects. We're currently looking for a Lead Creature Artist to join our amazing team!
We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Create 3D models of characters and weapons under art director's supervision.
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team
- Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
- Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior creature/character artists.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years experience.
- Previous leadership experience on at least one shipped AAA game is highly preferred.
- Online portfolio displaying a variety of 3D AAA work.
- Ability to receive feedback.
- Experience shipping titles using Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of video games development in Unreal but is not limited to.
- Understanding of composition and set dressing and how it affects gameplay.
- Hands-on experience with ZBrush and Substance Painter and Quixel Suite.
- Abilities in soft and hard surface modeling.
- Can effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written and visual.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Understanding of lighting in Unreal.
- Understanding of Photogrammetry
- Marvelous Designer experience
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.