Game QA Analyst 1
Lost Boys Interactive is a growing game development studio based in Madison, Wisconsin and Austin, Texas providing top-tier co-development services for AAA game companies, as well as creating our own game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together. We are currently looking for quality-minded game professionals to join our team and expand our capabilities.
We're sorry but we are unable to work with 3rd parties or sponsor visas.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is a major part of our developer support team, working directly with our developers in QA operations on a single project. You will be responsible for reporting bugs in our bug tracking database, daily smoke testing on game builds, and interfacing with both internal and external development partners and their own QA teams. As a QA Analyst, you will also be deploying builds on test hardware, executing test plans, and working directly with the QA Lead, other QA Analysts, and Development team members (Production, Engineering, Art, Design) to collaboratively achieve the highest level of quality possible on our products.
- Pull and deploy new build revisions to PC and gaming consoles
- Perform testing on new features and/or changes to existing features implemented by our development team on both PC and applicable gaming consoles
- Review, maintain, and execute test plans for our pre-release game projects to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility
- Smoke-test regular game builds, and report results to the dev team
- Identify and document defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking databases (JIRA)
- Assist in improving QA systems and procedures
- Run regular regressions for existing bugs in our bug database to ensure that old issues don’t re-emerge and to verify that new issues have been resolved
- Research and evaluate all disputed (‘Not a Bug,’ ‘Will Not Fix,’ & ‘Duplicate’) issues
- Recommend improvements to both the product and to the QA process
- Provide feedback on gameplay, both positive and negative
- Create internal QA documentation and/or QA guides
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 1 + years of testing experience on PC and/or gaming console devices - Must Have to Qualify for this role
- Knowledge of QA terminology and methodologies
- Proficient with Jira or other similar bug tracking databases/software
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner
- Capacity to execute innovative testing procedures
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals and PC hardware
- Gaming experience, as well as a broad understanding of popular gaming genres and gaming terminology
- Demonstrable skills in and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or Google G-Suite
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and have strong prioritization skills
- Must be punctual, proactive, adaptable, and have a strong work ethic
- Able to work in a team environment
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance - able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation
- Strong critical and analytical skills, as well as the ability to troubleshoot
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.