(Closed) Head Coach, NBA2K (Lakers Gaming)
Position Summary: The Head Coach will be the primary point of contact for the Lakers Gaming players and key member of the NBA 2K league. This position will develop, implement and report on the team’s training, community engagement, competitive infrastructure and social sharing. The Head Coach will lead the scouting, draft process and development of the 2K players. You will work closely with all internal departments including corporate partnerships, marketing and community relations.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
- Understanding and experience around NBA 2K, NBA 2K League, Esports and competitive gaming
- Conduct scouting and draft research for Lakers Gaming
- Coach players and conduct statistical analysis of performance to maximize team potential
- Create weekly player schedule inclusive of practice, tape review, scrimmages, travel and marketing obligations
- Handle travel logistics and travel with team to ensure all needs are met
- Schedule and arrange scrimmages with other 2K Teams
- Be a resource for players and mentor as needed
- Monitor player and league specific social media and streaming accounts
- Assist in creating gaming content for streaming and social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Ability to work irregular work hours including nights, weekend, holidays
**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.
Education (Required/ Preferred): No educational requirements
Previous experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience in the NBA 2K League as a player or coach or one (1) year experience as a college basketball coach
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Competitive gaming experience as either a player or coach
- Experience video game streamer preferred
- Coaching experience preferred
- Passionate about Esports, basketball and the Los Angeles community
- Experience creating gaming content for streaming and social media platforms
- Independent and ambitious with experience completing projects from inception to completion
Location: El Segundo (office M-F), travel to games and tournaments throughout the season
Travel: Up to 50% of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.