Software/Firmware QA Engineer
Position at Logitech
In this role you will be a part of the Logitech Product Quality Assurance team and will be relied upon as a significant contributor to support Firmware/Software QA efforts across different business groups at Logitech. The position will require skills in the area of Software, Firmware and Apps testing. You will work with the product development team as well as external contractors across different geographical locations. The software/firmware development team will be using Agile software development methodology with Scrum team sprints. This position requires strong QA and debugging skills, leadership skills, good written/verbal communication and inter-personal skills to fit well within the team.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Challenge product development team to provide best customer experience possible.
- Leading and responsible for driving SW/FW related QA activities.
- Lead daily Sprint team stand-up meetings, bug scrubs and planning meetings across geographies.
- Review user stories, acceptance criteria and product requirements with customer experience in mind.
- Work with Product Development teams to understand UX requirements for system level validation and help remove any ambiguity of the acceptance criteria.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and cases and ensure all functionality meets design intent.
- Enforce In-Sprint QA processes and unit test coverage.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform manual and automated system level testing.
- Enter and track defects/bugs found in JIRA.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Identify any potential system level problems that users might encounter.
- Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Create detailed and informative weekly reports for the development team and management.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Strong advocate for providing the best consumer experience.
- Experience with Agile Scrum software development methodology is required.
- Self motivated and goal oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Strong inter-personal team skills.
- Familiarity with development and build environments and code repositories.
- Strong fundamentals in QA methodologies and procedures, test planning and test case development.
- Creative thinker must have a systematic approach in problem solving.
- Willing to learn new concepts and products quickly.
- Pro-active in identifying issues and knowledge to bug tracking systems.
In Addition, Preferable Skills And Behaviors Include
- Experience in managing bug tracking tools e.g Jira, TestTrackPro.
- Experience in test case management systems e.g TestRail, Zypher etc.
- Familiarity with hardware testing methodologies.
- Experience testing mobile apps on iOS and Android devices.
- Experience testing and debugging FW/SW tools on Windows, Mac, Chrome and Linux platforms.
- Prior experience with Product Life Cycle Management.
- Experience in running debugging tools like Xcode, Android Studio.
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages ( C/C++, Python, VB, Java etc.. )
- Experience with white & black box system testing.
- Experience with tools for automation: Python, Java, Android SDK, Appium etc.
- Experience in managing MFi, Skype for business, Microsoft Teams or other third party certifications.
- Familiarity with Audio and Video quality evaluation techniques.
Education And Experience
- BS or B-TECH in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-6 years of embedded firmware/software and hardware testing experience.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at + 1-510-713-4866 for assistance.