Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer. You will be part of a small team of engineers focused on ensuring that our video collaboration solutions provide an amazing experience by creating, enhancing, and enforcing Software Quality Assurance processes.
Who you are:
- You have a passion to find ways to test and analyze embedded SW technologies ranging from reading environmental sensors to advanced AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning systems
- You have practical knowledge of and demonstrable success with using and providing improvement feedback on existing software/hardware test infrastructures.
- You enjoy working with early release products and influencing the quality verification
- You are able with limited supervision able to create test cases, enhance test cases, automate, and execute them.
- You possess the insights to analyze test results and distinguish between Hardware failures, Software failures, problems coming from the Host, or from the network environment.
- You are able to set up test systems to support various audio/video applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- You are passionate about elevating your peers’ knowledge and understanding of embedded software testing through mentorship and regular knowledge sharing sessions.
- You are a team-first type of colleague.
- You are very familiar with testing IOT middleware and firmware based on Android and/or other embedded linux-based operating systems.
- You do not shy away from automating your test cases by leveraging Python, Java or other applicable coding/scripting language.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will need to:
- Design, develop and maintain brand-new approaches to middleware and firmware testing, including automation.
- Accept, leverage, and provide constructive feedback on existing frameworks and code developed by others.
- Be able to extract and create Embedded Software Test Plans by reviewing marketing document (PRD) and update it during the course of project.
- Have experience working with -and testing of IOT- devices running embedded Linux or Android.
- Have a proven track record of testing HW peripheral like cameras, webcam, audio speaker phones on PC’s. MAC’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development.
- Be able to set up test systems to support various audio/video applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- Have a proven track record of testing both software applications on PC’s, Mac’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development
- Have a proven track record of mentoring junior and/or less experienced QA team members and be a force-multiplier
- Be comfortable interacting and working directly with Development, Program Management, to get the necessary support regarding key deliverables and interacting with them in an effort to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Be comfortable in taking chances and being able to justify why
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Python, C/C++, Java and/or other scripting languages to support and create automation and unit tests with limited manual interaction.
- Exposure to designing, running, implementing and supporting stress and load testing against hardware devices and to UI and Cloud.
- Familiar with using USB devices like webcams and speakers on both PC and MAC.
- Strong experience testing IOT devices running Android
- Experienced with using JIRA, GIT.
- Being able to travel to Taiwan, as needed
- Fluent in English is a must
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
- 5 + years of experience in a FW/SWQA role and/or troubleshooting role
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.