Senior Firmware Engineer
Logitech’s LFB is looking for a senior level firmware engineer to contribute to design, implementation, and validation of consumer electronic Video/Audio solutions. Candidates must have a strong understanding of FW embedded system design. This position will be located in Logitech’s HsinChu office.
- Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Speak up. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Develop prototypes and/or proof of concept demos to evaluate and communicate new concepts
- Strong hand on experience in design, implementation and debugging of Firmware on Embedded RTOS
- Design, implementation, and verification of EE/FW components required for new product concepts, prototype, and product development
- Develop FW requirements, user interface specifications, and engineering validation test (EVT) plans
- Work closely with suppliers, design partners, and factories to meet cost, schedule, and customer experience requirements
- Support FW development tools, source code revision, configuration, and release management tools
- Represent FW and EE requirements as part of the development program teams
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in FW embedded system design in consumer electronics products
- Ability to translate marketing requirements into a high level specification, system block diagram, and core FW feature specifications is a must
- Strong C programming skills and hands-on development experience
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal), and demonstrated ability to be a strong team player are required. We are looking for candidates with the ability to learn quickly, are self-motivated and have solid time-management skills. Ideal candidate will have a good understanding of design tools, external collaboration processes, and leadership approaches
- Proficient in FW design and development, including validation methods, C programming, debug, source code configuration and release management, and defect tracking
- Experience in audio/ video products and embedded RTOS design are must
- Experience in H.264, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are plus
- Experience programming with one scripting language is plus (shell, perl, tcl, python, etc)
- Experience with Lab test equipment, such analog and digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, frequency synthesizers, and DMM's
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or equivalent required; Master’s degree desired
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.