Senior Embedded Android Developer
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Principal Embedded Android Engineer. You will be part of a small team of developers focused on making video collaboration an amazing experience and the software you create will be used by thousands of people every day.
Who you are
- Your have deep understanding of operating system concepts, specifically memory/resource management, scheduling, process management and synchronization and power management.
- You will have kernel level programming experience with Linux, Android or any other real time operating system.
- You will have deep knowledge of computer system architecture and low-level interfaces such as buses, controllers and interrupts.
- You will take technical ownership of projects, develop system specifications and deliver quality software features to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- You will work closely with Embedded software engineers, the Android Application software team, hardware and System Engineering teams to implement and optimize features for system-on-chip (SOC) devices.
- You will provide technical guidance and lead implementation on a wide range of Android framework HALs and Linux kernel drivers from camera, USB, Wifi , and Bluetooth.
- 7+ Proficiency in coding with C/C++
- Strong Linux kernel and Android Framework expertise, 4+ years of current experience working with Android
- Familiarity with Linux toolchains, Android Studio and Android Native development tool
- Experience in Linux Kernel Driver programming, Device bring-up, BSP, Kernel config, kernel crash debugging.
- Programming experience in native C /C++, JAVA and JNI.
- Familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Experience in using Source Control / Project Tracking systems(Github, Jira)
- Attention to details and ability to work independently
- Experience with debugging, Linux kernel development, system-level programming, Android frameworks, Android build system, Compiler-driven instrumentation using LLVM/clang or GCC.
- Experience in writing BSP and Device Drivers (MIPI, PCI, SDIO, PMIC, I2C, I2S, Audio, Display LCD/MIPI etc.)
- Strong understanding of Android SDK , NDK , API
B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in computer vision, electrical engineering or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance