Senior Category Marketing Manager Gaming
Position at Logitech
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Germany & Austria, the selected candidate will be responsible to identify opportunities, manage marketing activities and drive commercial aspects of the Gaming segment to achieve regional revenue and profitability targets.
The Senior Category Marketing Manager has the primary focus of managing product introductions, planning marketing & sales activities, aligning those with Central Southern Europe Category Lead, Head of Marketing and Country lead (based on commercial and analytical insights) and driving execution with Account Managers.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Be accountable for the performance of the Logitech Gaming category (incl. Logitech G and Astro Gaming) achieving the regional revenue, profitability targets and strategic objectives.
- Use market insights from country organization to translate global and regional promotions and marketing strategies into effective marketing campaigns and drive activities that will inspire and engage consumers and shoppers with focus on digital channels and across the full sales funnel.
- Partner with Central Southern European category organization and act as single point of contact for Germany & Austria for the Gaming category in country..
- Manage & integrate key partnerships to amplify the Logitech G and Astro marketing messages.
- Align strategies, campaigns, execution and performance KPIs with Central Southern Europe Category Lead, Head of Marketing and Country lead & Account Management team.
- Manage the planning, marketing investments and execution of activities in Germany and Austria across channels and customers.
- Lead NPI launches for these categories in Germany and Austria.
- Drive implementation & execution of campaigns with agencies, regional & in-country team.
- Act as business partner for all commercial aspects of the Gaming category for the Head of Marketing and Country Lead, esp. for market performance analysis (GFK), strategy development & presentation, identification of new opportunities, business performance and channel management/ extension.
- Drive in-country collaboration between Sales & Marketing, share best practice and modify successful activities for execution from other countries, channels or customers.
- Drive efficient distribution: Proactively support and guide in-country team to leverage selective distribution models and develop their set of customers within the Gaming category.
- Proactively support and challenge Account Managers for key partners in the development of their portfolio, ranges and space allocations.
- Define, manage and control investments for partners, control the relevant ROI (return on investment) and success parameters.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct regular on-site meetings with customers and country teams (~30% travel).
- Be a brand ambassador for Logitech G and Astro Gaming.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Min. 7-10 years experience in category management or broader marketing background with a track record at A brands and a strong commercial drive.
- Possess a deep understanding of the German and Austrian Gaming markets and sales channels
- Proficiency to drive online marketing with in cooperation with agencies and partners
- Fluent in English & German, both written and verbal.
- Analytic, structured, highly driven and solution oriented person
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to build strategic relationships
- Strong financial acumen
- Knowledge across a range of marketing tools on- and offline
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to drive and coordinate projects
- Experience in managing small teams
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”