(Closed) Senior Audio Android Engineer
Position at Logitech
Senior Audio Android Engineer:
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our engineering team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Audio Embedded engineer to be part of a small team of developers focused on making video collaboration an amazing experience and the products you create will be used by thousands of people every day.
- You enjoy working on early release components and influencing technology roadmaps
- You will help prototype and define technology plans for future projects
- You will design and analyze new embedded Android audio firmware methodologies
- You will have practical knowledge of audio streaming processing techniques and approaches for realtime communications
- You will have a passion to work on new and disruptive techniques such as new digital communication standards, embedded low level C/C++ for audio streaming, and integration of world-class audio algorithms with Android
- Contribute to embedded firmware architecture using your experience with SOCs, GPUs, DSPs, and ARM/Cortex cores.
- You will have experience in designing, creating, and delivering shipping products based on Android in the field of audio processing.
- You will analyze and optimize system resources related to audio processing and use your optimization experience to squeeze performance from math intensive code.
- Work closely with product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented components.
- Take ownership of critical software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices
- 5+ Experience is Android OS, particularly with media streaming projects
- Experience designing and building realtime audio in Android, measuring CPU and thread performance and CPU measurement techniques.
- 5+ Proficiency in coding with C/C++
- 5+ years of deep experience with SOCs and ARM cores as a software engineer
- Strong architecture skills with an emphasis on code reusability
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of Android concepts, including multi-core/ multi-thread, sockets and processes)
- Experience with SE-Android, AOSP, NDK, MediaCodec API, AOSP
- Experience in Linux or Android and RTOS systems for embedded realtime systems
- Experience in low level Android BSP development and debug, including I2S, I2SC, UART, USB, or ethernet standards.
- Experience with realtime embedded audio algorithms and approaches
- Knowledge of low-latency digital audio communication
- Algorithm optimization techniques and tradeoffs to minimize MIPs/memory
- Experience with debugging math algorithms and hardware control techniques
- Comfortable with development tools: gcc, JTAG, Audio Precision, scopes
- Proficient in performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Experience developing and delivering at least one ARM-based embedded product.
- Experience using Source Control/Project Tracking systems (git, Jenkins, Jira)
- Attention to details and ability to work independently
- Previous video conferencing experience
- Knowledge of NEON optimization for ARM cores
- Ability to read and understand EE circuits and hardware
- Experience customizing AOSP for specific devices
- Experience implementing designs that include security concepts
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience as an Embedded Engineer in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.