Product Quality Assurance Technical Manager - Video Collaboration Headsets
The Product Quality Assurance Technical Manager is responsible for leading the full product qualification of Logitech wired and wireless headsets. He/she will manage and execute the hardware reliability tests, firmware and software qualification tests in sustaining activities. Sustaining activities may include product changes for second sources, end of life components, cost improvements, new marketing/compliance requirements, quality issue investigation and improvements, etc. He/she will also lead the investigation and improvements of product quality issues.
- Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Decide test requirements of hardware and firmware qualification for sustaining activities.
- Oversee and manage product qualification efforts of factories and outsourcing testing labs.
- Perform hands on analysis, reliability tests and firmware tests of headset products.
- Provide field performance feedback and improvement plan to Engineering and Marketing staff.
- Define outgoing test requirements of headset products.
- Coordinate and communicate with factories, Mechanical, Electrical, Acoustic, Firmware, Software engineering teams, and global Quality teams.
- Closely work with factories and Operation teams to implement corrective actions in products and procedures.
- Represent the “voice of customer” in product life cycles.
- For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Thorough knowledge of quality systems, reliability measures, firmware tests, and design margins.
- Ability to perform hands-on product testing and failure analysis.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Project Management skills. Experiences in working with contracted manufactures.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Firmware/Software testing experiences of consumer electronics products.
- In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Experience in headset or earphone products.
- Experience in wireless consumer electronics
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering aptitude and experience
- Familiarity with test and certification standards
- An educational degree (Bachelors) in an engineering field with a minimum 8 years of experience (or the equivalent)
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-510-713- 4866 for assistance.