Principal Software Engineer
The Logitech Gaming Team is growing! We are looking for a software engineer who is motivated to participate in a dynamic team focused on creating great gaming experiences. Innovation and performance are the core of products design.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, passionate about building great software products, and has an intrinsic curiosity to understand technological tools and frameworks. You will be working in collaboration with product management, design, internal and external development teams.
You will be challenged to participate in the full software stack, starting from low-level device interaction to the customer-facing UI, and everything in between.
- Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Working closely with product management, design, and engineering teams, you will help support and further develop our latest generation of software.
- Be involved early in the development of new products and help shape its experience through extended software capabilities.
- You will be expected to come up with innovative architectures and ideas, planning, time estimates and write clean, well-formatted and high-performing code.
- You will be expected to be involved in system and architecture design decisions for many of our future products.
- You will be expected to participate in code reviews and provide feedback on other’s work. You are expected to enforce code review standards.
- You will be challenged to constantly improve, innovate and learn new skills and even languages. On the job training is provided for specific technical subjects.
- If you're passionate about gaming and a team player, there are many fun activities to participate in, such as game jams, tournaments and the occasional apéro.
- For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 10+ years of software design & development experience.
- Relevant work experience, including hands-on software development experience in multiple major desktop operating systems.
- Experience with delivering a consumer software product.
- Demonstrating a broad set of skills in software development, technology, web technologies & cloud services, open-source libraries & frameworks, and technology architecture concepts.
- Applying knowledge of software design patterns and best-practices where necessary.
- General knowledge of C principals, spanning low-level to modern C++ software development (pointers, memory layout, space complexity, bitwise operations).
- Expertise in C++, Objective C, Python, React and NodeJS is a plus.
- Expertise with software linked to hardware products a plus.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- We are looking for someone who Is self-motivated, passionate with a high energy level
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing skills
- Is positive, likeable, open, helpful, ambitious, humble and has a sense of humour
- Is able to lead by example, participate to team effort
- Is able to manoeuvre through crisis, and with an operational-oriented mind-set who can work under pressure when the situation requires it
- Always has the end user experience in mind
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.