Lead System Test and Software / Automation QA Engineer
Position at Logitech
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
The FW/SW Quality Engineer is responsible for creating and executing tests against our family of video collaboration products and being able to distinguish between Hardware failures, Firmware failures, issues coming from the Host, or network environment.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
- Being able to extract and create Test Plan by reviewing marketing document (PRD) and update it during the course of project. This test plan can be PC/MAC related or iOS/Android, etc.
- Experience with automation and scripting on PC and MAC: Perl, Python, Selenium, Jenkins.
- Experience with embedded Android testing, not just executing tests, but creating the necessary tests..
- Experience with cloud based testing and automation, using Selenium, Restful APIs, and Java.
- Comfortable setting up and have had exposure to the following environments, knowing how to setup and run general tests that require coverage and understanding around creating and setting up images for PC, MAC, Linux, Chromeboxes, USB Certification, network considerations (Latency, jittery, packet loss), in order to validate, verify and regress video and audio issues.
- Experience testing not only the UI, but all the activities that occur behind the scenes as data travels to the cloud and back.
- Experience with testing and ensuring security protocols are in place.
- Have a great understanding of functional and design patterns with a focus on performance, security and scalability.
- With limited supervision able to create test cases, enhance test cases, and execute them.
- Familiar with test case management like JIRA including but not limited to creating suites, reports, not just executing tests.
- Comfortable using JIRA, as well as setting up projects, creating reports and appropriate, as well as using Zephyr within JIRA to create test cases and suites, manage execution, and report progress using Dashboards and reports.
- Being able to execute tests and able to distinguish between Hardware failures, Firmware failures, problems coming for the Host, or network environment.
- Proven track record of testing HW peripheral like cameras, webcam, audio speakerphones on PC;s. MAC’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development.
- Able to set up test systems to support various audio/video applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- Familiar with using general mobile device to interact with devices via Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, and using mobile applications to interact with our devices.
- Proven track record of testing both software application on PC;s. MAC’s, and mobile devices, and being able to report and gather important information to debug and pass on to Development
- Able to organize and track in details, the products and the associated status of the tests.
- Being flexible and able to support and handle recurring trial runs, along with multiple projects being executed close together.
- Comfortable interacting and working directly with Development, Program Management, to get the necessary support regarding key deliverables and interacting with them in an effort to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Not afraid to take chances and being able to justify why?
- Comfortable working with the Production Line to solve issues, and debug failures based on what has been reported.
- Being able to reproduce issues reported by the field, or as needed during product release and regression.
- Working directly with team members overseas
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.