Firmware Technical Lead - Gaming Audio
Position at Logitech
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech G is looking for a Firmware Technical Lead to join the team. The responsibilities include System Architecture design and development of Wearable Audio Products (Gaming Headsets) from product front end, through product design and launch into successful mass production. Logitech G is looking for a world-class Senior System Firmware Engineer motivated to build the next generation of Gaming Audio products for our global gaming brand. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing gaming experiences using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about play. If you are a highly-creative Sr. System Firmware Engineer who enjoys building products that help people play more, have a track record of shipping products, and enjoy working cross-functionally with mechanical, electrical, Audio and optical engineers, software teams, and product professionals, you may be a great fit for Logitech G’s Gaming Audio Engineering Team. You will be part of a small team focused on making gaming an amazing experience. You will create gaming products that will be used by thousands of people every day including professional gamers. Are you ready to join the team responsible for designing world class Gaming Audio products for a great company?
Who you are:
- You will have passion to work on new and disruptive HW/SW technologies ranging from environmental sensors to advanced AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning systems
- You enjoy working with early release components and influencing the technology roadmap
- You will have some background in Audio products or a strong passion for Audio technology.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- You will develop firmware/embedded software for audio products that communicate with PCs, Macs, and mobile devices
- You will work as a part of the System Architecture team to help prototype and define technology roadmaps and future products
- You will help evaluate and analyze both new hardware technologies and software methodologies
- You will work cross functionally with the FW, SW, and EE teams to drive architectural definition and resolve related issues
- For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 5+ years proficiency in MCU firmware development.
- 3+ Proficiency in coding with C/C++.
- 1~3+ years of experience developing highly integrated consumer electronics products, preferably with audio headphones and headsets capabilities.
- Experience with device drivers development for common devices and low-level communication protocol such as USB, UART, I2C, I2S, PCIe, GPIO, I2C, ADC, DAC, etc.
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and strong logic thinking to resolve project issues.
- Experience in using Source Control / Project Tracking systems (Github, Jira)
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
- Attention to details and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Experience with Audio systems or bluetooth technologies
- Experience in windows application development (Visual Studio or Python)
- Experience in EE circuit review
B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.