(Closed) Business Development Manager - Logitech Esports Services
Position at Logitech G
The Esports Services group at Logitech organizes, produces and broadcasts live online esport events on behalf of internal Logitech brands as well as external clients. The group operates under two brands: Beyond Entertainment which represents the tournament operations, production and broadcast component which is based in Las Vegas; and Challonge which is a global esports tournament management platform based in Indianapolis.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for owning the outward facing business development and sales efforts for Logitech’s Esports Services group with a focus on attracting brands who are interested in gaining authentic exposure to the coveted esports demographic. This hire will market our ability to create bespoke live esport activations and studio broadcasts that leverage the power of our global tournament management platform. The role requires a deep familiarity with gaming and esports along with proven experience selling or negotiating esports sponsorship deals.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the team to develop and deliver custom proposals to agencies and other potential partners who are looking for esports activation partners.
- Guide the development of pitch decks and marketing materials tailored towards a variety of potential customer types encompassing the full suite of esports services offered. Potential customers will vary from endemic brands who fully understand the esports value proposition to non-endemic brands requiring more of an educational approach.
- Identify, build, and maintain meaningful relationships with other key gaming industry companies or agencies in relation to growing partnership and sales opportunities.
- Maintain a sales dashboard to communicate the status of the sales pipeline.
- Be a self-starter and independently manage a sales funnel from prospecting through to closing.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role (within the esports/video gaming industry is preferred).
- Marketing Agency or Brand Management experience is a plus.
- Experience with responding to the Agency RFP process is also a plus.
- Passion for video games, esports, and a deep understanding of the esports business landscape.
- Experience selling esports sponsorships and digital ad inventory.
- Sales track record of consistently delivering or exceeding targets.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude, a problem solver, able to work autonomously and as a team-player.
- Quick to learn, enjoy a fast paced, changing environment in an informal culture.
- Able to bring structure and creative solutions to a dynamic work environment while maintaining a sense of urgency and quality around deliverables.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized and be able to multitask.
- Able to juggle priorities and meet deadlines.
- Enhanced presentation skills required - creating presentation materials as well as presenting/selling.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Able to leverage existing relationships in the video game industry.
- Need to be comfortable traveling if required (when possible).
- Strong preference for candidates who can work out of our Las Vegas office.
- 4 Year College Degree, BA or BS from accredited university/college or equivalent experience.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.