(Closed) BI Developer
The ideal candidate will participate in the incremental development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and loading or extracting of data into the Warehouse. The candidate participates throughout the project life cycle, from planning to production implementation, with emphasis on Data analysis, data modeling and follow through to production.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will:
- Design, Develop, document, and test ETL solutions using industry standard tools.
- Guide the Developers with providing the necessary data flow designs etc,
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development n the cloud paltforms.
- Present ETL documentation and designs to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient ETL processes.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources to debug ETL development and ensure the timely delivery of products.
- Should be willing to explore and learn new technologies and concepts to provide the right kind of solution.
- Target and result oriented with strong end user focus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Over all 6 to 8 years of experience in ETL Design, Development and Populating data warehouses from heterogeneous OLTP sources such as Oracle R12 ERP system and other Cloud Technologies.
- Should have at least 3 year of experience with Pentaho Data Integration and Snowflake.
- Extensive expertise on Databases, data acquisition, ETL strategies and tools and technologies using Pentaho DI and Snowflake.
- Should have experience designing complex ETL’s extracting data through XML files, Json, RDBMS and Flat file sources.
- Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced Sql and PL/Sql Oracle DB, Snowflake, MySql, nosql DBs etc.
- Should be able to analyze poorly performing queries/ETL mappings and provide suggestions to tune them.
- Exposure to Standard support ticket management tools.
- Mastery in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and proven problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.
- Broad understanding of multiple existing and next generation Business intelligence tools and technologies.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Exposure to Denodo Virtualization platform
- Exposure to R12 Oracle ERP environment
- Basic understanding of Reporting tools like OBIEE, Tableau
- BS/MS in computer science Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent industry expertise.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, Age, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.” If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.