Android Framework Engineer
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. Our group have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years and the growth continues to accelerate
Are you an energetic and motivated new college grad in a STEM discipline who is eager to join a talented team of innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products? Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can't wait to talk to you and bring you on-board :)
- Implement new features for Logitech's Video Collaboration products across the Android and Embedded Linux software stack (mostly in C/C++/Java)
- Come up with new, scalable software designs either independently or under the tutelage of a senior engineer
- Troubleshoot, root cause and fix software bugs either from the field or those reported by our internal engineering teams
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Strong CS fundamentals, including Algorithms, Computer Architecture, modern Operating Systems and Computer Security.
- Some exposure to Embedded Systems programming.
- Very strong fundamentals in Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- Comfortable with C, C++ and Java
- Quick learner with an ability to deliver with minimal hand-holding
- Exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
- At least a Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Good understanding of low-level OS concepts including concurrency, multiprocessing and Inter Process Communication
- Knowledge and practical use of common Software Design Patterns
- Previous internship experience working on large-scale embedded software projects.