Software Engineer - Client
Full Job Description
Software Engineer – Client
Develop with Unreal Engine
- Using C++ and Unreal Engine 4, create impressive anime games that push the bounds of what can be accomplished on today’s mobile devices.
- Create More Games, Faster
- We develop in short cycles, adding to our platform incrementally and offering you a rare opportunity to work across numerous game designs each year.
- Solve Complex Problems
Although your focus is on the client, there will be opportunities to develop across all game areas — allowing you to broaden your skills as an engineer.
Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced Client Software Engineer (C++ preferred — though we are evaluating new engine options due to Epic Games vs. Apple lawsuit, so C# candidates are free to apply) with a strong desire to contribute to every aspect of development, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to visualize how a game should work, and you can translate that into functioning code that our players can enjoy.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more chances for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Involvement in all areas of game development, including graphics programming, game logic, AI, user interface, game enhancements, engine defect corrections, and other technical matters for performance
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Write clear, maintainable, and portable code
- Independently design and develop complete solutions from scratch
- Proactively identify technical risks and issues for the team
- Contribute to the technical design documentation process
- Contribute to hiring developers, including technical screens, and active recruiting
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design choices, and solve for the best player experience
- 1-3 years of professional game development at an established studio
- Mastery of C++ in a game dev environment and experience with several other languages
- Knowledge of different game technologies (AI, gameplay, graphics, tools, physics, etc.)
- Project planning experience as a lead programmer for an online, multiplayer game
- Thrive in an environment of independence and responsibility without assigned tasks
- Great interpersonal skills; humility and respect when receiving comments from your team
- Passion for mobile games and software development
IMPORTANT: All applicants must be willing to take and pass a hardcore coding test. Even if you have 10+ years experience in professional game development, we need to see what you can accomplish on your own and how you approach solving problems in code.
- 5+ years of applicable games industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) education in the field of Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience with networking and online multiplayer games for mobile devices
- Unreal Engine 4 and/or mobile game development experience
Our team at Lionheart Games enjoys best-in-class benefits and amenities, which include competitive compensation, profit-sharing plans, 401(k) with matching contributions, medical, dental, vision, and more. At the studio, we make sure your favorite snacks and beverages are stocked. We also offer free gym memberships, as well as a great creative environment located at Atlantic Station with shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.