We are searching for an HR Generalist (recruiting experience with tech companies or startups preferred) who is ready to build a new business with our team. You are adaptable, compassionate, and keep calm under pressure. You have the organization and skills to solve new problems without guidance, and translate solutions into positive results across all business areas, including HR, recruiting, office services, operations, and wherever else there is need. This is an HR and business role that can lead to future growth opportunities in either direction (based on preference and performance). Your goal is to learn how a game development studio operates hands-on, and apply those lessons each day no matter whether the task is menial, complex, or collaborative.
People successful in this role are intellectually curious and comfortable filling many different roles on a team with minimal oversight. You thrive in an entrepreneurial and independent environment, and you’re not afraid to take calculated risks and trust in others. For this role, you need to love anime and mobile games, consuming lots of both. You should also have a strong passion for business, understand the fundamentals of starting a new company, and possess a strong willingness to learn more on your own and from others through careful observation.
- Working with the CEO, grow the studio through a focus on recruiting and culture
- Operations are your responsibility, making sure our team has whatever they need to create the best games
- Handle employee on-boarding/off-boarding, benefits, and other necessary HR duties
- Complete business and administrative matters, including payroll and expenses, corporate records, etc.
- Be an entrepreneur, collaborating with all teams and using a hands-on approach to build our studio
- Help create an exceptional environment where game development thrives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or a communications field
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Lateral thinker with proven decision-making aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial; you will do whatever it takes to solve a problem and move us forward
- Self-aware and self-improving; you are honest about your performance and hold yourself accountable
- Unyielding passion for our business — you couldn’t imagine a world without anime and games
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Strong network of game developers, modders, or other technology professionals
- Experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check, etc)
- Bilingual: Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese (oral and written, fluent or professional only)
Our team at Lionheart Games enjoys best-in-class benefits and amenities, which include competitive compensation, profit-sharing plans, 401(k) with matching contributions, medical, dental, vision, and more. At the studio, we make sure your favorite snacks and beverages are stocked. We also offer free gym memberships, as well as a great creative environment located at Atlantic Station with shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.