Data 4P Product Specialist for Gaming
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 countries, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
The Product Specialist for Gaming is responsible for product portfolio definition, product pricing, promotion budget allocation and identifying internal/external opportunities to develop the marketing campaign plan. The Product Specialist for Gaming needs to work closely with Lenovo Operations, the marketing team and channel sale team cross functions. They work with Management team to analyze and evaluate the market environment to support the business decision. This also includes cooperation with the Operation product team to define the product portfolio plan and manage the planning tool.
As part of the job the Product Specialist for Gaming needs to develop business tools to monitor major KPI’s using these KPI’s to ensure that the right actions are taken in country on promotions, portfolio, channel and marketing drive. In the role of Product Specialist for Gaming you will work independently and take initiative on complex issues and manage the full forecast for the region down to product and country level. As part of this forecast you need to monitor the execution of the forecast and drive for higher forecast accuracy moving forward. On sales-Out the role is not only to monitor but to set Target too at a global level and at family level. Monitor on a weekly basis and take corrective action if needed.
What is waiting for you in this role:
- Drive initiatives to maximize mix, margin and overall product contribution to the portfolio & business
- Responsible for building, implementing, & executing country’s product demand generation programs, which align to quarterly & annual financial goals
- Evaluate performance against plan at appropriate intervals (e.g., daily, weekly) and instigate corrective actions to keep country on track to achieve LOB goals
- Provide relevant input to the annual & quarterly planning cycles by LOB key financials (Platform Mix, Units, AUR, AUM, Rev$, Margin$)
- Identify opportunity to partner with alliances to grow business
- Effectively manage Product Transitions with a view to maximizing revenue & profit
- Ensure accurate forecasting for relevant products; co-owner (with Sales) for country’s forecast
- Effectively differentiates Lenovo offerings from competitive alternatives and creates distinct customer preference for Lenovo offerings. Knows when to bring elements of competitors' offerings or products into the equation to create the highest yielding deal for the customer and Lenovo
- Determine customer needs through participation in Sales & Customer meetings. Recommend and position appropriate product to customers
- Feedback competitive “price:spec” details to COE product/pricing team to help arrive at appropriate positioning and product messaging
What do we expect from you?
- Strong understanding of Gaming PC Market, Promotional cycles
- Specific knowledge of Technology evolution of Gaming feature (CPU – VGA )
- Good understanding of Games release calendar and PC Gaming ecosystems
- Strong drive for results
- Familiarity with GFK / IDC reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills also in English
We Will Offer You:
- An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward thinking IT companies
- Flat structures and fast decision-making processes
- A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life
- An international team with a high focus on Gender\Diversity
- Attractive compensation package
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.